The Lifeline ARM is an automated solution for providing victims of sudden cardiac arrest high-quality and continuous CPR that is associated with better survival outcomes. Easy to deploy and use, the device delivers compressions, with complete chest recoil, at the depth and rate recommended by the AHA/ERC cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) guidelines. Using a proprietary algorithm that compensates for variability in patient chest resistances, the Lifeline ARM delivers precise compressions, an important factor for effective CPR.
Effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) requires a high level of excellence in order to have an impact on the survival rate of a cardiac arrest victim. This is very difficult to achieve manually when fatigue can occur in as little as 1-2 minutes while trying to maintain at least 2 inches/5 cm depth compressions at a minimum rate of 100 compressions per minute.
In an emergency situation, the Lifeline ARM when used as an adjunct to manual CPR, provides extended CPR with minimal interruptions when fatigue, insufficient personnel, or patient transport (e.g., ambulance, intra-hospital) may prohibit the delivery of effective/consistent compressions to the victim. Its award winning design provides portability, speedy deployment, and delivers precise CPR with unmatched operating times.
Advanced battery technology, with flexible power options, means the Lifeline ARM will always be ready for rescue. The rechargeable battery pack provides unmatched operational times and long service life across a wide temperature range. By design, fast battery pack swapping, as well as external AC power adapter operation, is possible.
- Long runtime battery pack life (requires less power to accomplish compressions)
- Fast battery pack recharge time
- Long useful life battery pack (3 years or about 300 charge/discharge cycles)
- Battery pack inserts in either orientation (with the contacts toward the unit)
- Fast battery pack swapping because of battery pack eject release latches
- External AC power adapter also recharges the battery pack, even during use
An optional charging station can charge up to two battery packs simultaneously and independently: recharge one depleted battery pack in 2 hou
rs, or two depleted battery packs in 3 hours.
Nicely balanced and lightweight, the Frame’s single-piece design provides increased structural integrity during compressions by facilitating the operation of the Compression Piston without undue deflection or distortion that could compromise consistent compression depth, an important element for effective CPR. Providing enhanced usability during deployment and repacking, the Frame effortlessly snaps into the Backboard, and releases just as easily.
The Lifeline ARM has an extremely simplified Control Panel where just two steps are needed to initiate mechanical CPR:
- Adjust the Compression Piston height relative to the patient’s chest for beginning compressions by using the Up / Down softkey buttons located on the Control Panel of the Compression Module
- Depending on the protocol that is in line with your designated emergency response procedures, choose between “Run Continuous,” which performs chest compressions only (no breathing) for continuous chest compressions, or “Run with Breaths,” which follows the compressions with breaths protocol by using programmed pauses for rescue breaths.
Toggling between the two protocols during the rescue is allowed to accommodate your local resuscitation protocol. And, at any time, the Pause button may be used to stop compressions when running or resume compressions if stopped.
The Lifeline ARM device is comprised of a state-of-the-art Compression Module paired with a specially designed Frame. Smooth operation results from an innovative custom Piston and brushless DC motor design housed within the Compression Module. During operation, a smart, software-driven, motor control algorithm ensures compression depth and rate consistency by compensating for variability in chest resistance ensuring CPR efficacy.
RCF-A1000EN Configured ACC Package includes:
- Compression Module
- Battery Pack,
- Backpack Carry Case
- Patient Interface Pad (3)
- Stabilization Strap
- Power Module
- Quick Start Guide
- User Manual
Images shown may vary slightly from items shipped. Information supplied is deemed to be accurate but cannot be guaranteed.