Like other Prestan Professional Manikins, the Prestan Professional Child Manikin is suitable for use in training students to meet the 2010 AHA Guidelines. The Prestan Professional Child Manikin is design to look like a child versus an adult with less prominent body structures and softer, more childlike facial features. It is smaller and thinner that the Prestan Professional Adult Manikin. Yet, it is realistic to the eye and the touch, and resembles a realistic child. Available individually or in convenient multi-packs of four the manikin incorporates the unique clamshell design that accommodates an easy to insert face shield lung bag. Also found on the Prestan Professional Child Manikin is Prestan's revolutionary new CPR Rate Monitor that allows for instant feedback to both instructor and student regarding the rate of chest compressions. This CPR Rate Monitor allows the student to know when they have reached the minimum of 100 compressions per minute when the two green lights are visible. It also allows each student to gauge their rate of compressions on their own as well as allowing the instructor to monitor several students quickly and easily. And with our patented face/head tilt, the Prestan manikin simulates the way an actual victim's head would move if he required CPR. In addition, the unique construction of our manikins incorporates a mechanism to help them use the correct force to compress the chest to the correct depth.
Realistic looking and acting manikin is more visual acceptable to both instructors and students.
Far easier and faster for instructors to carry and set up at training sites.
Easy to insert face shield lung bag speeds setup of the manikin.
Face shield is secured so it won't slip and there's no need for adhesives.
Gives each student a realistic experience that provides for the best "real life" CPR outcomes.
Allows each student to observe a true chest rise
Full chest rise and lung bag ensures that students receive the most accurate and realistic training.
Helps students take CPR learning experience seriously.
Face/head tilt enhances the CPR learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR.
Clicker mechanism increases student's confidence in administering adequate compressions.
Prestan Professional Child Manikin Specifications
1. Lung Capacity: The Prestan Professional Child Manikin will accept a breath of 600-800ml and deliver a chest rise. However, it will also deliver a visible chest rise for breath volumes of 400-500 ml.
2. Airway: The Prestan Professional Child Manikin incorporates a unique ‘Head Tilt/Chin Lift’ feature which must be performed to open the Child Manikin airway. The Child Manikin head is also designed so that the head will not remain in a tilted position unless held there or re-tilted for subsequent breaths.
3. Breathing: The Prestan Professional Child Manikin provides Mouth-to-mouth breathing feature, with or without breathing barriers, allowing participants to use bag-valve masks, pocket masks and various other barrier devices. The Prestan Professional Child Manikin utilizes its own custom filtered face shield and one-way valve. The nostrils on the Prestan Professional Child Manikin are pinch able
4 Circulation: The Prestan Professional Child Manikin has a fully formed and accessible neck portion that incorporates an area applicable for simulating a Carotid pulse check
5. Compressions: The Prestan Professional Child Manikin has realistic simulated anatomical landmarks including clavicles (collar bones), an accurate nipple line, sternum, and an obvious xyphoid process. And the navel placement allows for realistic teach of abdominal thrusts. The chest on the Prestan Professional Child Manikin is compressible to about 2 inches. Audio feedback is provided when compression are provided between 1-1/2 to 2 inches based upon current guidelines for recommended compression depth The force required to do compressions on the Child Manikin has been measured to be 88 lbs.
6. Defibrillation: The sizing of the chest area for the rib cage lines, breast bone structure and the upper chest of the Prestan Professional Child Manikin are specifically designed for the application of AED pads.
7. Decontamination: All materials comprising the Prestan Professional Child Manikin are capable of being cleaned and decontaminated per CDC. There are no reusable airway parts in the Prestan Child Manikin.
The Prestan Professional Child Manikin has written cleaning, decontamination and maintenance guidelines. They are as follows:
The face and the body skin of the Prestan Professional Child Manikin are made out of the same material and can be cleaned in the same manner. If the material becomes dirty, clean with a mixture of soap and water. If the area is extremely dirty, common household cleaners such as Formula 409, Windex or Vim may be use. It is recommended that the use of these cleaners be done cautiously with minimum amount of abrasion to insure the life of the skin. The head and body parts of the Prestan professional Child Manikin may also be sanitized with alcohol wipes or cleaned with a solution of 1/4 cup bleach mixed with one gallon of water for 10 minutes.
8. Materials: The Prestan Professional Child Manikin has been tested to 500,000 chest compressions and 50,000 head tilt-chin lifts with no appreciable deterioration of components or change in performance The Prestan Professional Child Manikin contains NO LATEX and NO part, component or subcomponent in which the participants may come into contact with contain LATEX The Prestan Professional Child Manikin’s size realistically represents the size and shape of a human average adult.
9. Weight and Dimensions: The weight of the Prestan Professional Child Manikin is approximately 6 lbs. The shipping packaging, which consists of the cardboard carton, the Prestan Professional Child Manikin, the instruction sheet and a package of ten face shield-lung bags, is approximately 6.5 lbs.The dimension of the shipping package for the Child Manikin is approximately 14" x 7" x 23".
Warranty: Prestan Child CPR-AED Training Manikin with CPR Monitor: PP-CM-100M (Light Skin Color Tone)
is warranted by the manufacturer for one (1) year from the date of purchase. Any component of the PRESTAN PROFESSIONAL CHILD TRAINING MANIKIN which proves defective within twelve (12) months from the date of purchase will be repaired or replaced, at the manufacturer’s option, free of charge to the owner. The owner is responsible for shipping and handling fees to the place which the manufacturer designates.